B-BIC PILOT GRANTS
The Boston Biomedical Innovation Center seeks collaborative research projects to develop technologies aimed at improving patient care in heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Technologies include diagnostics, therapeutics, and devices. Projects that are in the earlier stages of pre-commercial development will be considered. Applications must address unmet needs to improve healthcare outcomes and aim to generate viable diagnostic, therapeutic or device candidates for commercial development.
- Faculty from the B-BIC member institutions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the domain expert in their area and/or their institutional site miner before submitting an application.
- For-profit entities are eligible to apply as collaborators with Principal Investigators at member institutions.
- Pre-proposals and full-proposals must be submitted using the on-line submission system
- Applicants may request up to $50,000 for direct costs to support pilot grants. The NIH salary cap should be applied to personnel costs.
- Project periods are expected to be one year unless additional time is well justified by the needs of the project.
Questions regarding your submission may be sent to Lesley Watts, B-BIC Administrative Director, at (617) 954-9731 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The pilot grant application process begins with submission of a pre-proposal through the electronic submission system.
- Pre-proposals may be submitted at any time during the year. There is no set deadline for pre-proposal submissions.
- Your pre-proposal document should be no more than two pages. All text material must be in a readable font (at least Arial 10 point), and margins must be at least 0.5 inches.
A subset of applicants who submit pre-proposals will be invited to submit full proposals.
- Full proposals for pilot grants are accepted by invitation only.
If you are invited to submit a full proposal to the Pilot program, your Pilot grant application must be entered into the web document sections of the on-line submission system. All supporting documents, including the B-BIC budget form, compliance form, NIH biosketches, and institutional authorization should be included in one .pdf file and uploaded into the on-line submission system.
- All pilot grant proposals received will be reviewed in accordance with the published criteria.